Thursday 19 June 2008

BBC iPLAYER ONE MILLION DAILY HITS EXPECTED.

BBC EXPECT
1,000,000 HITS A DAY
from iPlayer users.



Like this page?
Send it to a friend!

Jana Bennett

Speeches

Jana Bennett

Director, BBC Vision


Speech given at the Banff World Television Festival 2008

I am delighted to be here once again in Banff – the spiritual and creative home of global television.

It's the second interesting experience I've had in North America recently.

Two weeks ago I was in LA for the screenings - and I was simply staggered to see the amazing flow of creative ideas coming across from Britain. Hit after hit had been picked up, and the BBC was leading the pack on a scale bigger than ever before in our history.

I wasn't the only one to notice – the New York Times wrote a piece on upfront week citing the prominence of BBC shows like Dancing With The Stars, The Office, Worst Week and Life On Mars.

The Times' analysis had a somewhat downbeat tone –read full story!...

No comments: