Saturday 14 June 2008

GLOBAL WARMING QUESTIONS.



GLOBAL WARMING QUESTIONS.


GLOBAL WARMING QUESTIONS have to be asked after yesterdays fiasco and comedy act.
Although this is a bit of a rant it badly needs thought by the big supermarkets. We hear of some supermarkets selling bags for third world countries and the bags have a long life - superb idea!
We hear about supermarkets charging a fee for plastic bags - would bve a good idea if we thought
the monies gathered was going to children in need or similar good cause - but it's not!
Some supermarkets are still giving plastic bags away ignoring global warming - bad idea!
The daddy of them all came yesterday in my local well known high street supermarket when in
front of me was a Mum with two little kids both obviously under five, one was a little Dennis the Menace
running around everywhere and her other kiddy was being carried she had bought around twenty items,
she was in the middle of retrieving Dennis and paying for her goods and the assistant stood behind the counter with a blank look.
I automatically asked if he had run out of bags and although he must have seen how much the lady was struggling his comment was unbelievable;
"I am not allowed to pass out bags now!, I have to wait until the customer asks me, I said you can surely see she NEEDS bags, he says, "your not the customer sir", The lady screamed at him, "Please can I have some bags for my groceries".
His reply, " I am not trying to be awkward madam!".

No comments: